Tuesday 2 August 2016

Q&Art with Suzanne Moxon



Suzanne, what community do you come from & how long have you been with the Gallery?
I am starting my fourth year with the Gallery. I grew up on the South Shore of Montreal but have been living in Kanata for over 20 years.

What's your medium and favourite subject matter?Currently, I've been working with acrylic paints but used to work mostly with dry media like coloured pencil and pastel. I plan to try my hand at oil painting in the near future. My favourite subject matter is nature, sky, treesand animals. Lately I have been painting a lot of birds (they are like the flowers of the animal kingdom).


Tell us the highlight of your career so far.I have had a very rewarding career as a graphic designer and especially enjoyed designing online course materials for a high tech training company. A highlight now is being a member of the gallery and continuing to learn and grow as an artist. Every new painting feels like the highlight to me.....until the next one....and the next one....and then the next.


Can you tell us about your upcoming events, or any challenges you've faced?I don't have any events scheduled in the near future except for upcoming shows at the Gallery. Challenges for me is finding enough time to paint (so many ideas, so little time), developing a personal style and maintaining the confidence to persevere in my artistic journey.


What's your favourite quote from people about your work?Many people have said my work gives them a feeling of peace and calmness. I also get compliments on my use of colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment