Thursday 18 February 2016

Q&Art with Wendy Russell



Wendy, What community do you come from, and how long have you 
been with the Gallery?

I'm from Toronto, and I've been a Gallery member since 2012.

What's your medium and favourite subject matter?

I use acrylics. My favourite subject to paint is architecture.

Tell us the highlight of your career so far.

A highlight was being awarded the Luisa Letson Award for Still Life by the mayor of Halifax, Peter Kelly. It was the Contemporary Art Society annual juried show in Nova Scotia

Can you tell us about your upcoming events, or any challenges you've faced?

The biggest challenge is finding the time to paint. Life's distractions get in the way, but I feel inspired, and you can see my new work at the upcoming 2016 KCAG shows.

What's your favourite quote from people about your work?

My favourite quote came from a wonderful artist in Ottawa, who started me on my journey of painting with her encouragement and support. Valerie Cousins said of my work, "Playful, humorous, saturated with colour, and presented in unique fashion, Wendy's paintings are a delight to the senses."

No comments:

Post a Comment